The pupils at the Centre have taken part in the Heartstart training course which is provided by crew from White Watch at Barrow Fire Service to teach young people Heartstart life saving skills.
Heartstart is a British Heart Foundation initiative to teach emergency life saving skills to the British public. The course is helping create a nation of life savers – where everyone knows how to save a life.
What the pupils learned at the Heartstart course:
- How to recognise a heart attack and a cardiac arrest
- How to help an unconscious person
- How to perform CPR
- How to help someone choking
- How to respond to serious bleeding
- How to use the defibrillator
All the pupils who took part in the training received a Heartstart certificate.
You can find more information about the Heartstart course through the following link: